Job Openings » Head, Investment Promotion Facilitation
Head, Investment Promotion Facilitationby KADIPA
Head, Investment Promotion Facilitation
• Reporting to the Director;
• Leads KADIPA’s efforts in finance for investment from multilateral and bilateral development partners as well as private investors.
• Supports the building of internal capacity for investment project identification, evaluation, planning, execution and management
• Advises and assists in the establishment of a framework for monitoring and evaluating the progress of the State's strategic economic investment programmes and projects for effective implementation
• Supports the development & articulate clear growth and development strategies for providing needed support and appropriate incentives to grow the local private sector in the state
• Supports the development of a robust database of reputable prospective and potential investors both in Nigeria and abroad with a view to reaching out to them
• Leads the development and implementation of targeted and well-researched investment promotion activities including but not limited to tours and road shows aimed at promoting specific investment projects
• Conducts desk research on sustainable investment practices of foreign investors in some selected countries
• Drafts a guide, focusing on mainstream social and environmental investment practices in compliance with local and international standards
• Acknowledges and responds to enquiries in relation to fiscal incentives and other investment matters positively and promptly.
• Discusses and reviews with investors the feasibility of respective proposals and liase with stakeholders to advance the facilitation process
• Advises on business opportunities and progress of the business environment.
• Advises on government policies in relation to investment, promotion and the procedures to be followed by investors.
• Maintains a list of investment opportunities in various economic sector
• Any other duty as assigned.
First degree in Social Sciences or Humanities.
Postgraduate qualification, such as MBA with specialisation in Marketing or Finance or professional qualification in Marketing is an added advantage.
Eight (8) years of experience in investment promotion, banking, marketing or related fields
Ability to conduct financial analysis including financial planning
Solid experience and demonstrated knowledge on the general workings of IPA’s around the world.
Fluency and strong communication skills in English, including ability to draft, proofread and edit correspondence.
Technology and systems knowledge - Exhibits excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area. Able to coach less experienced staff on relevant technology and systems.
Institutional policies, processes, and procedures - Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedures, and people. Able to practically apply and guide others in policy application.